Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm 30!! (Well, almost...)

On Saturday, August 18, 2007, I met up with some friends to carpool to dinner for Amy's birthday. I came ready to go with my camera and a card for Amy. Heather drove us to Swinger's Grille at 6:30, the appointed party place and time for our small group of eight to celebrate Amy. However, upon entering the room where we were meeting, I was stunned to see a roomful of about 40 people - my family and friends. I stood there, dumbfounded, confused and thoroughly surprised. They got me good!! I had no idea that "Amy's birthday dinner" was actually a huge surprise party for my 30th, which isn't until August 22nd.

My good friend Stacy coordinated the entire event, from fake email invites to stealing my cell phone for contact information of college friends. She put a lot of hard work into making the party a success. My parents, sister and brother-in-law, Grandma and Uncle Earl all drove down from Joliet that day. Also, a group of college friends from Chicago drove in for the event. Add in the friends I've made in Bloomington the past eight years, and local cousins... it was a roomful!

Here is a slideshow of pictures my dad took (using the camera I brought to take pictures of Amy's party!)

No comments: